Skip to content
Advertisements

Past Performance is no guarantee of Future Returns

May 12, 2018

Dc09_m3VAAEMooo.jpg-large

The Royal Commission into Banks and Financial Services has in the space of just a few short weeks uncovered a cavalcade of allegations concerning the so-called Big 4 – ANZ, Commonwealth Bank, Westpac NAB, and also at AMP.

So far the Commission has heard evidence that involves alleged bribery, forging  documents, the repeated failure to verify customers’ living expenses before lending  money, and selling insurance to people who can least afford it. Charging dead people for services long after they’d passed away also rated a mention.

The Liberal National Coalition fought tooth and nail to hinder the Royal Commission only finally conceding its inevitability when the Banks, in a fit of self-flagellation, wrote to the Government requesting it, and that Labor together with members from within the Government’s own ranks had the numbers to force it into being.

In November last year, Turnbull called the decision to launch the inquiry “regrettable” while John Howard went a step further deriding calls for a Royal Commission as “rank socialism.”

“Our banks demonstrated in 2009 that they were among the best-run, the most prudentially supervised, and the most well-capitalised in the world,” Howard said.

Those lofty protests all seem rather quaint in hindsight, with Liberal heavyweights like Scott Morrison and Kelly O’Dwyer attempting to rewrite history saying that the inquiry wouldn’t have happened without the Government’s intervention. A most creative recalibration of past events if ever there was one.

There’s much wailing and gnashing of teeth at the Big 4, with some already announcing that they plan to sell off their advice arms to give some semblance of “independence.”

What happens to AMP remains to be seen but some are speculating that its entire business model is “basically fucked.”

But are the Banks and Product Providers really capable of the reform that’s needed to restore trust?

This particular observation from Aleks Vickovich suggests not (recommended reading).

Advertisements
151 Comments leave one →
  1. Shane in QLD permalink
    May 12, 2018 5:46 pm

AMP have made the man who forced a changed toxic culture onto the staff of the CBA while I worked there, that has resulted in the mess revelaed in the RC, their Chairman.

Reb, it loooks like everything I had always manitained is now starting to be revelaed. Pity the RC has such limited investigative powers because there is so much more to all of this.

The CEOs from 1996 to now all need to be charged because those in 1996 started the culture change of profits and greed over customers welfare and all CEOs since then have simply maintained the status quo. Pity their multi million dollar golden handhakes cannot be clawed back now that the companies are suffering badly as a result of their culture implementations.

2. May 12, 2018 5:55 pm

“Pity the RC has such limited investigative powers because there is so much more to all of this.”

The Libs have indicated they’re willing to extend the inquiry if the Commissioner asks for an extension. The final report is due early next year, coinciding with Talcum’s indicative timeframe for an election.

I imagine if Labor gets in they’ll extend the inquiry and broaden its terms of reference (hopefully).

3. TB Queensland permalink
    May 12, 2018 6:28 pm

NBA played silly buggers with our last mortgage (the house we live in now) in 1984!

They suddenly changed our $24000 mortgage to $20000 mortgage and $4000 personal loan and the interest shot up! Too late to switch banks too!

Probably because we had paid our last loan off in 11 years … not 25!

We took great delight in paying the lot off in 1987 … never a bank loan again (nor any loan!)

But we did get a letter demandin $1900 dollars in 1988 when we were in PNG … we apparently had been $20 short in payment … “Dear David (the bank manager) here’s a copy of our final payment” … “Dear TB, apologies for our oversight etc … ”

‘Nowt is new!

4. TB Queensland permalink
    May 12, 2018 6:28 pm

Ooops NAB!

5. shaneinqld permalink
    May 13, 2018 5:59 am

Reb is that extend the inquiry in terms of time, or in terms of reference, there is a big difference.

6. May 13, 2018 8:28 am

Just time at this stage.

7. shaneinqld permalink
    May 13, 2018 1:37 pm

Thats the problem, they know so many of their CEO mates would be dragged before the RC and face questioning over their culture impositions on bank staff and the outcome of those changes. Can’t have their rich mates implicated !!!

8. TB Queensland permalink
    May 13, 2018 4:17 pm

face questioning over their culture impositions on bank staff

Hear! Hear! Shane … I have a family ,ember who works at the frontline (counter) for one of the big four … contemptible treatment … incompetent management … despicable KPI’s and performance review tactics …

9. May 13, 2018 5:57 pm

but,but,but, dotpoint need to cut the ‘red’ tape as boardrooms can self regulate dotpoint watchdogs are a ‘waste’ of taxpayer resources dotpoint boardrooms need to make a ‘return’ to shareholders dotpoint boardrooms are worth ‘every’ penny @won’tAnybodyThinkOfTheDotPoints

10. May 13, 2018 9:11 pm

aleks “on face value his appointment reeks of the cronyism and corruption the royal commission is uncovering, and an unlikely enabler on the road to redemption” @while l agree with aleks conclusion (and shane above), murray has been a high priest of the economism cult incinerating workers and customers to the profit-dog just as flatearth popes incinerated roundists to the skyfairy. Both were the ‘inflicters’ engaged in willful blindness and lied to prop them up. Institutionalised folk have had it ‘inflicted’ upon them, workers, slaves, serfs, prisoners and welfare receivers have various forms of ‘cruelty’ forced upon them by others higher up the food chain.

11. May 13, 2018 10:18 pm

12. Shane in QLD permalink
    May 14, 2018 6:12 am

TB: I was one of those staff as well, the rot set in as soon as Paul Keating decided to privatise the bank and this allowed the CEO and management to make so much more by the way of wages and bonuses. Bonuses did not exist when it was publicly owned. I blame Keating just as much as well.

BOO: It is so damn funny that the LNP are screeching that the regulators were asleep at the wheel when the LNP are the staunch supporters of self regulation and most of the problem has been self regulation along with swallowing up their competition and becoming too big to fail thanks to the government. So their self regulation was the problem not the regulators who have had funding and staff slashed to the bone.

BEAM: He has also been a darling of the LNP and was also selected by the ALP. He actually was a young employee just like myself and apparently was hopeless in branches and there was thoughts to let him go, however he was moved from branch into ivory tower and the rest is history he climbed the ladder, probably as a result of who he knew more than anything.

13. shaneinqld permalink
    May 14, 2018 6:15 am

Reb: I think there will be an election called very soon and then watch the hysteria of reds under the beds, Tax, Tax and more Tax. Debt now under control. Big Business will go broke if they don’t get billions in tax cuts.

14. Neil of Sydney permalink
    May 14, 2018 7:27 am

I don’t think that is true. Hawke/keating deregulated the banking industry. Costello re-regulated the industry with the creation of APRA

15. shaneinqld permalink
    May 14, 2018 9:08 am

Neil: I am not talking about the deregulation of the banking industry. I am talking about the culture and self regulation of the internal mechanisms of the banking industry. The culture had nothing to do with deregulation which was about floating our currency and allowing the entry of foreign banks for competition, not bank culture.
    Bank culture and self regulation commenced with privatisation of the CBA. The LNP under Tony Abbott and Malcolm Turnbull have slashed the regulators budgets and staff. They have now made ASIC to be funded by those it investigates rather then by government, can you see a problem with that or are you totally blind ?. They were also the ones who claimed a RC was not needed and when they did relent have placed strict limitations on what the RC can investigate. Pity it is not as all encompassing as the RC into unions. I am going to be one of them who has to pay more yet ASIC will be open to coercion from big business who pay them more. Have never seen big bank staff charged and lose their jobs and livelihood yet many brokers have. If you were actually listening to the RC you would have heard that the governing body for Financial Advisers was being manipulated and threatened by the very advisers it was supposed to control. Costello did not re regulate the banking industry I assure you, he simply set up APRA as a smoke screen because nothing change and it became even worse under their watch to the extent we were doing low doc loans for anyone who had a pulse right up to 100% of the value of their home, all of this prior and up to 2004 so you cannot blame the ALP and while I detest Paul Keating for selling off the CBA the LNP were all for it because it was their policy as well.

16. Walrus permalink
    May 14, 2018 11:38 am

Isn’t this Blog supposed to be dead ?

Is this a zombie blog now ?

17. May 14, 2018 12:39 pm

“”Is this a zombie blog now ?””

Well now that you’re here..

18. Neil of Sydney permalink
    May 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Looks like the Coalition made a mistake not having a RC but shouldn’t the customer have some responsibilities. What about “buyer beware”. I am not been following the RC so i am not sure what has been found.

2 years before the GFC i got a call from the Commonwealth bank who had noticed i had a reasonable amount of money in a low interest rate account. They arranged a meeting and advised me to put the money into a Colonial First State account. They showed me all the graphs on how the share market goes up and down but over the long term it always goes up.

WEll the GFC hit and i lost $15,000 . Then i needed the rest of the money so had to pull it out so the $15,000 was lost forever. Should i blame the bank for bad advice?

19. May 14, 2018 4:57 pm

20. May 14, 2018 4:58 pm

“I am not been following the RC so i am not sure what has been found.”

Where are you, Mars…??

21. Neil of Sydney permalink
    May 14, 2018 5:49 pm

The only thing that sticks in my mind re RC is that finance advisors have been giving some shocking advice. Is there more?

22. May 14, 2018 6:21 pm

creation of APRA” After tonights 4corners; your team will come off smelling of zombie; (and your guardian echo chamber will go into overdrive tomorrow); and blib will nearly have a 50/50 chance of not defeating himself. Better untangle your telegraph wires and DO some homework. , . “apparently was hopeless . . he was moved from branch into ivory tower” @shane Well said. l’ve told our in-house zombies the (near) identical thing happened in factory jobs too. The (multi)skilled worker/s depart when it goes to crap, while the duds are often made supervisors. . , l consider the term self(non)regulation as nothing more than imbecilesDelight. As we could always get rid of ‘customs’, gulags, plod and courts; and let everybody ‘self’regulate. (and enjoy the teabag panic) (-: Reportland is running hilary denial tonight.

23. Neil of Sydney permalink
    May 14, 2018 9:24 pm

OK beam me up, 4 corners is over. What is the scoop? Or whatever U are trying to say

PS I am not up on the Royal Commission. All that sticks in my brain is that some finance people have been giving bad advice. Is there something else?

24. TB Queensland permalink
    May 15, 2018 10:04 am

Groundhog Day?

25. Shane in QLD permalink
    May 15, 2018 10:53 am

Neil : There is plenty more Neil but of course you would much rather just simply screech 11% unemployment under Keating and you hate ALP supporters and Kevin Rudd killed refugees at sea. That is what your life and comments revolve around or revert to any time you are challenged. You are a parrot of epic proportions.

Beam: How to take control of a company and its culture. Promote those who say yes, silence those who question and manage out all those who say no. Thats what happens when you get a boss who is driven by profit and greed and ego.

TB: Seems so 🙂

26. TB Queensland permalink
    May 15, 2018 12:22 pm

… when you get a boss who is driven by profit and greed and ego.

Or promoted to his/her Level of Incompetence (Peter’s Principle)

Accounting may be a profession … but so is (good) management … would you promote a qualified manager to the CFO spot? I doubt it … (would probably refuse anyway) but it always seems to work ‘tother way. (Best accountant >> manager … best saleperson >> manager … successful tradie fucks up runs small business

Funny that … hey!

27. May 15, 2018 12:28 pm

“All that sticks in my brain”

I think you mean “all those sticks in my brain”.

28. Neil of Sydney permalink
    May 15, 2018 12:57 pm

“and you hate ALP supporters”

Well they did lock up 50,000 boat people from 2008-2013 and have never apologised. There are still 20,000 in community detention costing us $1B/year

29. shaneinqld permalink
    May 15, 2018 1:44 pm

Neil, you proved my point exactly with your response. I rest my case.

30. Neil of Sydney permalink
    May 15, 2018 3:16 pm

Shane

I find the ALP and its supporters offensive. That is my opinion right or wrong

31. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 15, 2018 4:52 pm

driven by profit and greed and ego

Let me guess… that’s a bad thing…

32. Neil of Sydney permalink
    May 15, 2018 7:26 pm

“driven by profit and greed and ego”

Comments like that is why the ALP annoys me. Their supporters think those characteristics only exist in the Coalition. However in contrast the ALP has a pure heart.

It is ALP greed why the budget is in deficit. Spending cuts is the only way to get the budget into surplus but greedy ALP want the services

33. May 15, 2018 7:54 pm

InHouseOne “not been following the RC so i am not sure” Yet you’re making lots of comments and looking a little-lot stoopid. l told ya’dummy DO your homework. Start with the ten or so linked items reb included in this post. Then see comments in reb previous post where there are more links. “sticks in my brain” As above. This aint the guardian. lnHouseTwo “Is this a zombie” lts probably your mirror.

34. Neil of Sydney permalink
    May 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Looking stupid is normal for me. Could not be bothered looking at the links. What sticks in my brain is lots of bad advice from the banks. tell me about it.

Two years before the GFC Comm Bank rang me up and set up an appointment. They showed me lots of graphs. Share market goes up and down but if U leave your money in long enough you will make lots. I paid $800 to join Colonial First State and lost $15,000 when the GFC happened 2 years later. In January 2009 i had to remove my money from CFS because i had just purchased some property and needed the money.

There is such a thing as “buyer beware”

35. May 15, 2018 8:54 pm

InHouseThree ”Let me guess .. that’s a bad thing

Not if you’re Macron Le Frog hopping away with; 6-decades of decent jobs and; 6-decades of hefty profits for your part of the submarine pond; along with a chunk of another nations sovereignty tucked into your pocket. http://www.afr.com/news/submarine-contract-makes-france-and-australia-even-closer-leaders-20170708-gx7hq2

36. May 16, 2018 12:29 am

My newly renamed & reinvigorated Union is loving this shit.

Makes the hard sell on the Amazing Tax Cuts for Big Business all the harder.

37. May 16, 2018 12:53 am

So happy to find life here…

*just sayin’

38. May 16, 2018 1:10 am

I realise that this isn’t the forum for it, but has anyone else here read ‘The Terror’ (Dan Simmons)?

A magFUCKINGnificent book I read a few years ago…mayhaps the title compelled me?…entirely possible.

Anyhoo…it’s now an impeccably cast, acted and shot AMC Series. A historical combobulation of the attempt to find the Northwest Passage.

Well worth the effort. Not many things energise my profundity glands anymore…not in the digital world at least; but a good book is a great experience…and put to the screen well, can be transcendental.

They actually only found the wrecks of the Terror & Erebus in recent years…2016 & 2014, respectively.

Anyway, if you like a bit of true horror, psychological & visceral…it’s directed by Ridley Scott. Check this shit out…

39. TB Queensland permalink
    May 16, 2018 9:35 am

Thanks, toylet, “acquiring” S01E1 – E2 – E3 as I tap! Looks good … I’ll get the ebook later today …

Just finished The Women’s Murder Club series (James Patterson) and now into the Alex Cross series (also JP) … and we need a replacement for Designated Survivor (just finished Series 2)

So happy to find life here…

Me too … ‘specially you sunshine! 🙂

40. May 16, 2018 9:39 am

41. May 16, 2018 9:40 am

“”the attempt to find the Northwest Passage””

😯 😯 😯

42. May 16, 2018 9:40 am

“”So happy to find life here…””

🙂

43. May 16, 2018 9:48 am

“”Check this shit out…””

That looks right up my alley, Boss. I’ll definitely be searching it out..

I enjoyed the first season of Colony, the alien invasion thing, but I think it’s been canned.

Have you guys seen the movie Annihilation? It was originally meant to be screened in cinemas but the producers ended up selling it to Netflx because it was considered “too intellectual” for US audiences..! It’s quite a good alien invasion type thing too.

44. Tom R permalink
    May 16, 2018 2:25 pm

The Walking Dead

I wondered if you were considering renaming the site reb?

But yea, it’s gone to shit (the series, not yer site 😉 )

45. Tom R permalink
    May 16, 2018 2:26 pm

But, if I may

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

46. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi HD, it’s great to see you about! I This blog is a bit like getting the Beatles back together – there’s only 2 left!
    ———————-
    TB, I’ve read a couple of books by James Paterson – I think they’re crap! He’s a production line of literary repetition

One the other hand – Harlen Coban (not the Myron Bolitair series) is quite good, ditto James Lee Burke. Also Carl Hiaasen is hilarious for crime novels

47. Tom R permalink
    May 16, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi yomm, great day, isn’t it 😉

48. May 16, 2018 3:26 pm

“”I’ve read a couple of books by James Paterson – I think they’re crap! He’s a production line of literary repetition.

What, the IPA Handbook…??

49. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 16, 2018 3:30 pm

That’s sensational ! Celebrate by necking a quart of alcohol! Go union!! OI! OI! OI!

50. Tom R permalink
    May 16, 2018 3:39 pm

yes, they should really celebrate with Chardonnay, like bankers would (if they were ever found NOT GUILTY 😉 )

51. May 16, 2018 3:50 pm

“”like bankers would (if they were ever found NOT GUILTY 😉 )””

😀 😀 😀

52. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 16, 2018 3:51 pm

Yes! I would like to congratulate them on being found that there is not quite enough evidence to pursue a prosecution, so charges did not proceed not guilty

53. May 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Not

Quite

Enough

Evidence

54. Tom R permalink
    May 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Let me guess

They still have ‘questions to answer’?

55. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 16, 2018 4:20 pm

Did you know there is a difference between standards of evidence in criminal and civil cases?

I suppose the CFMEU just coughed up $9,000,000 to Boral became…. they want to do Boaral a favour!

56. May 16, 2018 8:24 pm

>From 2013, “Services for a number of customers on the National Broadband Network (NBN) in Queensland and parts of New South Wales have been restored after severe weather and flooding in the area. Thousands have been evacuated in the flood-stricken state after heavy rain ..https://www.zdnet.com/article/nbn-co-telcos-continue-to-combat-qld-flood-outages/

dunny “My newly renamed and reinvigorated Union is loving this shit.

Yes its fun watching the national puppet factory being hysteric over the onions (along with the usual team coolaide guzzlers here) while pretending they didn’t get dragged kicking and screaming to investigate thieving amp and banks. l can’t wait to hear the dribble on how boardrooms look after shareholders and their shareprice. (-:

57. Neil of Sydney permalink
    May 16, 2018 9:45 pm

“l wonder if canoetown or boltsville had their nodes washed out in their flooded areas last week.”

What is your point? I cannot work it out.

“while pretending they didn’t get dragged kicking and screaming to investigate thieving amp and banks. ”

The Coalition thought it would be a waste of time. Interestingly Labor voted against having a RC in 2015. I wonder why they changed their mind?

58. TB Queensland permalink
    May 16, 2018 10:04 pm

I think they’re crap!

So?

And?

59. May 17, 2018 1:00 am

“I’ve given up on The Walking Dead, which after a couple of interesting initial seasons has just turned into a rather dull soap opera with the occasional zombie. Likewise Fear The Walking Dead.”

Couldn’t agree more.

As for Annihilation, I have watched it and thought it was excellent. Very different, beautiful to look at, thought provoking, strangely disturbing and gored up enough to satisfy my fake violence gland!
    Would like to comment further, but, to avoid spoilers, see a lot of congruence with some certain bipeds becoming photosynthesisers unto one of my favourite games ever, The Last Of Us.

I reckon most thinking people who don’t mind being a little unsettled would enjoy The Terror. The novel is immense. The Series is very well done.

Epic…a benchmark in interactive storytelling, imho. Gritty as fuck…

60. May 17, 2018 1:01 am

”the attempt to find the Northwest Passage””

*snigger

61. May 17, 2018 1:10 am

Nice to see TomR on deck!

Still swinging in the new era of an inevitable Business Party Regime takeover of South Australia.

I watch with amusement.

Something which also amuses me is the rising crescendo of squeals from Eastern Staters, who laughed at SA, without much insight or comprehension, about our power prices…as the electricty chickens come home to fucking roost upon their bills.

* also, THAT SHowdown loss was gutwrenching…even though we had no right to be 1pt up with 40sec to go…

* I was at the Prelim Against Geelong last year…the closest I’ve ever come to a religious experience

62. May 17, 2018 1:22 am

It must hurt (?) YomM…but seeing that many people in your streets last (?) week is kinda indicative of disgruntlement with the lot of working people…no?

I have been in protracted negotiations for 4 years, no pay rise. Stalling and obfuscating is a legitimate tactic employed by Big Business, apparently. You couldn’t make this shit up.

We have recently had a win, with industry wide implications, because we were being given 10 times 7 hours sick leave every year, but deducted at 8 hours due to fantastical logical & roster contortions. It took years & much obdurate resistance to even force a decision…ultimately in our favour. The amount of hurdles and appeals we had to extricate ourselves from were stupendous. The system is heavily rigged in favour of Big Business.
    I am well aware that the ALP set up the FWC.
    I am not partisan…I just know what I loathe more; ie. Conservative politics.

Go Union.

They can’t piss on this fire.

63. May 17, 2018 1:22 am

Also very happy to see you here, YomM!

64. Tom R permalink
    May 17, 2018 6:33 am

it was considered “too intellectual” for US audiences..!

They were probably right. We got about 10 minutes in and called it a night 😉

as the electricty chickens come home to fucking roost upon their bills.

It’s kinda beautiful/frustrating to watch to watch the complete lack of reportage from the msm on how successful the batteries are. Be interesting to see if the libs will do what they usually do, come in for one term, fuck everything up, then stand on the sidelines and snipe for the next decade.

We had some lib doorknocker come to our place whinging about power prices before the last election. I asked the snotty little shit if he recalled who sold it all off, and he said this election is about now, not ancient history. At least he gave me a good laugh as I slammed the door on his precocious mug.

I am well aware that the ALP set up the FWC.

I am also aware that the libs have tinkered with it, which tilted it even further in Big Businesses favour.

Congrats on the ‘win’ such as it is.

65. Tom R permalink
    May 17, 2018 6:38 am

The novel is immense.

His always are. I loved Carrion Comfort and Hollow Man, and Hyperion was very good, but I lost the plot halfway through (not a unique happening for me 🙂 )

66. TB Queensland permalink
    May 17, 2018 8:06 am

Ahhh! Noice ta be back! 😉

67. Tom R permalink
    May 17, 2018 8:40 am

Noice ta be back!

68. Tom R permalink
    May 17, 2018 9:00 am

If it doesn’t fit the definition of blackmail, it might not be ……. blackmail ????

So sayeth the AFFR

Dummy Spits all round ROFL

69. Tom R permalink
    May 17, 2018 9:02 am

btw, a big THANX to ya reb

Not sure what prompted the change of heart, but glad the ol’ gangs back together

even Wallace 😉 (not sure about nil)

70. Neil of Sydney permalink
    May 17, 2018 9:08 am

” I asked the snotty little shit if he recalled who sold it all off, ”

What U should be saying is that no matter how expensive we have to switch to renewables to save the planet. TRying to make out renewables are cheaper is just stupid. I see SA has spent $100M renting some diesel generators because their power supply is so unreliable.

It is blowing up coal fired power stations causing the problems

71. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 17, 2018 9:21 am

So… the CFMEU paid Boral $9,000,000 and gave them an enforceable undertaking, any idea why they did that?

72. Tom R permalink
    May 17, 2018 9:27 am

fer yomm

73. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 17, 2018 11:21 am

So… the best response is… discuss this with the link!

But the link appears to address discontinuance of the prosecution, rather than the fact that CFMEU has given an enforceable undertaking about it’s behaviour and coughed up $$$$$$ MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS… to Boral!

74. Tom R permalink
    May 17, 2018 11:54 am

the fact that CFMEU has given an enforceable undertaking a

#ChangeTheRules

Is that better yomm 😉

75. May 17, 2018 12:28 pm

IT’S ALL LABOR’S FAULT!

Unemployment rate climbs to 5.6 per cent in April

76. May 17, 2018 12:29 pm

a big THANX to ya reb

You’re welcome..

77. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 17, 2018 1:48 pm

CFMEU paid $$$$$$$ MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS UPON… and provided an enforceable undertaking because they flouted the law!

So individual may not be guilty of blackmail but the evidence is that they don’t observe the law.

78. Tom R permalink
    May 17, 2018 2:02 pm

because they flouted the law!

NASTY, MEAN Unions, FLOUTING the (unjust)law just to protect vulnerable workers

#ChangeTheRules

79. TB Queensland permalink
    May 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Speaking of books …

Jerusalem: The Biography … Simon Sebag Montefiore

Read it and understand* why Trump is responsible for every death in Gaza this week … along with Netanyahu … who should be remembered as The Butcher …

*And why Jerusalem is so stupidly “important” to three religions that supposedly believe in the same “god” … and “love” …

80. TB Queensland permalink
    May 17, 2018 2:40 pm

* End of Days …

81. May 17, 2018 7:06 pm

dunny “squeals from Eastern Staters, .. roost upon their bills

Don’t take any yabbadabbadoo from east coast braindeads. The canoetown battery is fcuking fantabulous. AND so is canoetownNET, that will be totally ‘node’free and telegraph wire free. (links to both on previous post/s)

I also notice the teabags are trudging toward the cliff edge when it comes to the female demographic. lnstead of just letting the zombies trudge off the cliff edge; the fcuking east coast pinkists and greenists are out trying to shoo the zombies away from said cliff edge. @FFS don’t any of these cnuts learn. Even the 0dwyer critter has cottoned on and started a femalezombie fund.

82. Neil of Sydney permalink
    May 17, 2018 8:25 pm

” I asked the snotty little shit if he recalled who sold it all off, ”

So U are still trying to make out that SA’s electricity price increases are due to privatisation? It would have been sold/closed anyway because SA Labor does not believe in coal. In fact they made a big deal of blowing up Playford power station. Price rises are due to renewables which is OK if coal is destroying the planet. But they are not cheaper than coal produced electricity. Hundreds of people lost their jobs at the power station and Leigh Creek coal mine when Labor blew the power station up

83. May 17, 2018 8:42 pm

YouKnowWho “But the link appears to address discontinuance of the prosecution, rather than @SHRiLL!! @daOnions @SHRiLL!! @cmfu2 @SHRiLL!!

Who says ‘Past Performance is no guarantee of Future Performance’

84. May 17, 2018 11:28 pm

rebs fairfax “with insecure work, record low wages growth, rising cost of living pressures, and 1.1 million underemployed people

End of Days” And drowned nodes too.

Late last year, “another research team found using on-the-ground measurements that one catchment in Greenland abruptly started melting 80 percent faster” starting in 2003. , , The findings “align with other, aforementioned observations about the Arctic: that the sea ice is melting at its fastest rate in 1,500 years and the alarmingly warm winter in the Arctic, replete with a heat wave in February. And almost everywhere scientists look in the cryosphere, they find it rapidly dribbling away.” @GlugGlugGlug @CanWeSwimTeabags https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2018/4/11/17219020/greenland-ice-melt-climate-change

85. May 18, 2018 1:17 am

is “so stupidly ‘important’ to three religions” @agree

with “Netanyahu .. remembered as The Butcher” @tick

why “Trump is responsible for every death in Gaza this week” @echoChamber

Not brittania betraying their palistine allies and dumping the jews of europe there to ease the guilt of the colonial powers shame for not defending/ admitting the mass murder of jews when the ruskis told them much earlier. Nor the 7-decades of colonial powers profiteering and pumping up israel/ stomping palistine. Nah. Blame the guy thats been in power for 2-years. Not the 7-decades of dumbfcuks that came before.

86. TB Queensland permalink
    May 18, 2018 10:20 am

Trump is responsible for every death in Gaza this week …

Jerusalem: The Biography … Simon Sebag Montefiore

Read the above text first!

We all know the “modern” political history … ’tis much deeper … you could blame a whole range of people for the history over 2000 years (actually 5500) … but one stupid Trump decision was responsible this week for 60 of the thousands killed over the last

I repeat … Trump is responsible for every death in Gaza this week …

87. May 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Scroll up. l used ‘this week’ in your quote. lts ‘anti-ronald’ echo chamber. lt is pretending the-ronald is the only player that has ‘agency’ in the situation. The palistine protesters have some minimal ‘agency’ and chose to protest, some chose to chuck rocks etc. The israel military-politico-landGrab-developer-apartheid complex has most of the ‘agency’ this week, just as they have for the last 3500ish weeks (7-decades). (Yes, the short odd bet is; in the future when we look back; the-ronald will have joined the 7-decades of duds even tho he tried some different stuff.)

88. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 18, 2018 1:18 pm

#ChangeTheRules

So… we need to change the rules to allow secondary boycotts??

89. May 18, 2018 1:27 pm

What’s up motherfuckers!

90. May 18, 2018 2:06 pm

This is fcuking Gold. “He’s a production line of literary repetition” @SelfAwareness

91. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 18, 2018 2:13 pm

Hello Tony!

92. May 18, 2018 2:13 pm

Oh dear god.

93. Tom R permalink
    May 18, 2018 2:25 pm

What’s up motherfuckers!

unemployment?

94. Tom R permalink
    May 18, 2018 2:30 pm

The CFMEU has welcomed news of a settlement between its former Canberra organiser, John Lomax, and the Australian Federal Police, over his wrongful arrest during the Trade Union Royal Commission (TURC).

CFMEU National Construction Secretary Dave Noonan said the TURC taskforce arrested Mr Lomax in an orchestrated blaze of publicity, ensuring that his arrest and the allegations made against him received widespread national and international media attention.

“Mr Lomax’s good name was dragged through the mud by the Australian Federal Police and the TURC taskforce.”

“Coalition ministers took the opportunity to score political points against the CFMEU but when the matter came to court, the AFP produced no evidence and withdrew the charges against Mr Lomax.”

“This was a malicious prosecution brought with no proper legal basis.

“Now we understand that the AFP has insisted that the details and quantum of the settlement be kept secret. What has the AFP got to hide?”

“Australian taxpayers are entitled to know if their funds are being used to cover up unlawful activity by the AFP.”

“Malcolm Turnbull needs to explain if damages have been paid, why they’ve been paid and how much has been paid.

This comes on the heels of the stunning about face on blackmail charges pursued against two Victorian Construction union officials, which were dramatically withdrawn this week.

“Yet another malicious prosecution has been overturned, in a further and surely final blow to whatever was left of the laughable reputation of the Trade Union Royal Commission.

“The Turnbull and Abbott Governments have tried to criminalise unions – and they have failed.

95. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Yeah! So apparently paid Boral $$$$$$$$$$ MILLIONS & MILLIONS for no reason! They didn’t do anything! Maybe they should ask Boral for their money back – and say – by the way, please excuse us from that enforceable undertaking – that was all a mistake too!

96. TB Queensland permalink
    May 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Oh dear god.

YES! MY SON!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What’s up motherfuckers!

Wages!

Chuckle … G’day Goldilocks … 🙂

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

And someone should be in jail for wrongful arrest … (at the minimum dismissed from the service Force!

… and the Board of Directors (ie the LNP CABINET!) should resign – after all Malfunction said the bank directors and senior managers should – didn’t he?

97. TB Queensland permalink
    May 18, 2018 3:44 pm

I can assure you that Boral has not/is not a squeaky clean corporate citizen, ToM!

They were playing cartels back in the early 80’s with company I worked for! Modus operandi for them … and still is … apparently … leopards spots springs to mind …

98. Tom R permalink
    May 18, 2018 3:50 pm

for no reason!
    No, for reasons of a broken Industrial System

99. May 18, 2018 3:53 pm

Asio and afpPlod have been useful redsUnderBeds imbeciles for the teabagHerd for decades, no doubt asis, miltaryIntel, otherSpooks will be too. When we have teabags demanding my abc staff pay is disclosed publicly (l-agree) we should also not allow court appointed compensation on behalf of Govt fcukups to remain secret either. All treasury spends should be reported to public in a straightforward manner. @Lomax

100. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Oh, right – stopping secondary boycotts are an unreasonable limitation of the rights of unions??

Is that your contention Tom R?

101. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 18, 2018 4:28 pm

But hang on, the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ MILLIONS & MILLIONS & MILLIONS & MILLIONS & MILLIONS & MILLIONS & MILLIONS & MILLIONS CFMEU paid to Boral were about “Right of Entry”?

102. Tom R permalink
    May 18, 2018 4:30 pm

no, it was paid because they tried to make the work sites a safer place

Bullies!

103. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 18, 2018 4:35 pm

So, a secondary boycott is ok if the intentions are pure?

Do you think workplace safety reps can be elected by employees, or is required that unions tell employees who their safety reps are?

104. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 18, 2018 4:43 pm

And this evening I’ll be having a cask of bowlers run fruity lexia with some Chinese food!

…no, I’m channelling TB there! I’m having a St Henri 2008 at one of my favourite restaurants!

105. May 18, 2018 4:55 pm

I’m channelling TB there!

That’s unfair.

And unkind.

We all know that money is no object when it comes to TB and dining out.

106. TB Queensland permalink
    May 18, 2018 6:50 pm

fruity lexia ——- FFS! Casks FFS! Very 60’s shit! How old are you?

Oddly enough I knew one of the owners of Sizzlers – I wouldn’t eat there … LOL!

Hasn’t it gone under?

BT just got paid 3 Mumm and a noice bourbon for a couple of ads!

107. May 18, 2018 9:48 pm

TeamCheerer “lack of reportage from the msm on how successful the batteries are

Vice “But it’s since been made clear that everybody’s lights went out because massive storms knocked over three transmission lines and more than 20 towers on Wednesday afternoon. Of course, that doesn’t mean politicians have stoppedhttps://www.vice.com/en_au/article/9bjdpp/did-renewables-contribute-to-south-australias-power-failure-not-really

Agree 100% TC. The legacy FakeNews outlets gave oodles of fake coverage to fake nonsense on behalf of fake leader while faking it up for the fakers. Vice did manage to cut thru the shit. Trapped with their charter and fakeBalance my abc did not. https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/59p9db/elon-musk-to-use-australia-as-teslas-renewable-energy-testing-ground

108. TB Queensland permalink
    May 19, 2018 11:24 am

How can half a dozen megalomaniacs threaten almost 7 billion people with war?

109. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 19, 2018 11:57 am

Yes, fine some dining recommendations for TB…

110. May 19, 2018 3:08 pm

hailed “the $50 billion submarine contract

the “Cherbourg headquarters of DCNS, the French company which will manufacture Australia’s new fleet of subs. Mr Macron said the decision to award the contract to DCNS was an honour for French industry” linkAbove @MacronLeFrog

dotpoint “Biz is always better/cheaper then Govt. SHRiLL!!

Le Frog Repug owns 75% of NavalGroup/DCNS (-:

dotpoint “Da Onions!! , Millions!! , cmfu2 , SHRiLL!!

CFDT(onion), CGT, CFTC, FO, CFE-CGC et UNSA @HawHawHaw

Hey TC, you would do better to stop fetching thrown sticks from the long grass and shove some of ‘initials’ above into frogTranslate. Some have frogFakebook too. (it looks like Aust has paid for the deepwater port/shipyard upgrade at Cherbourg too)

111. TB Queensland permalink
    May 19, 2018 10:43 pm

ToM yer repeating on me! FFS!

Bugger! Did I miss the royell * wedding! Must be a babe on the waaa …

Actually I watched … “To Hell and Back” …

112. TB Queensland permalink
    May 19, 2018 10:45 pm

Can anyone translate BooSpeak?

113. May 20, 2018 10:32 am

I watched … “To Hell and Back” …

So did I.

Also known as the royal wedding. Under duress I might add.

114. May 20, 2018 10:34 am

“BooSpeak“

Maybe if Catching Up was around she could lend a hand.

115. May 20, 2018 1:56 pm

In December last year, “Australia and France formally sealed a $50 billion agreement under which French naval contractor Naval Group will build a new fleet of diesel-electric submarines based on its nuclear Barracuda.

The massive assembly hall, “which will be required in Adelaide when work begins on the Australian submarines in 2022, allows for one submarine on the finishing line and another on the assembly line. A workforce of 2800 people will be needed in Adelaide.

In early 2016 DCNS “was left reeling after details from more than 22,000 pages of documents relating to submarines it is building for India were published in The Australian newspaper, leading to concerns about the company’s ability to protect sensitive data.

Nope. The kiddies hexdebted stem trainy trainy isn’t a ponzi scheme. If they’re frogs.

116. TB Queensland permalink
    May 20, 2018 9:07 pm

“Catching Up” LOL!

Don’t tell me V is a fkn fan!!!!!! (“Under duress”) or did you mean undressed? 🙂

117. TB Queensland permalink
    May 20, 2018 9:09 pm

tbagz, is much easier to understand than Boo (chuckle)

118. May 20, 2018 10:33 pm

The standards that cold war breeders walk past are the standards their kiddies are stuck with. Even minipiglo knows that.

119. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 21, 2018 10:44 am

On the subject of banks – I’m always amazed that people just cough up so much in fees, they know credit card interest is exorbitant – about 10 times other rates of interest, but they carry the debt from month to month.

Avaricious banks just cash in on the consumer laziness

120. May 21, 2018 4:36 pm

No. ‘LazyConsumer’ is just the term mentally lazy dills accept from corporations that have the (non)regulatory system stacked heavily in corporate favor. They(biz) know it is impossible for the average consumer to sift thru the ‘finePrintBabble’ on CreditCards, HomeLoans, bankAccounts, electricity, mobilePhone, phoneLine, gas, homeinsurance, medicalinsurance, autoinsurance, superannuation, payTv, isp, to get a decent deal. The right for biz to ‘alterTerms’ and invent fees (for no service or product) compounds the consumers problem in an era of growing junkjobs and weak govt gutting itself. Are we learning yet?

121. Tom R permalink
    May 21, 2018 4:46 pm

Avaricious banks just cash in on the consumer laziness

‘Cept when they all charge exorbitant fees 😦

“Cartel” comes to mind (and that now seems to include most Credit Unions)

122. May 21, 2018 6:58 pm

Turnbull rejected “Ms Ley’s bill, saying the government supported the live(meat) trade that respected animal welfare and was taking action to ensure welfare was maintained while preserving the jobs of thousands of farmers and export markets.

Internal opposition to “the bill is coming from the Nationals, with former deputy prime minister Barnaby Joyce saying while exporters who did the wrong thing should be kicked out of the industry, it was vital the trade remain viable.

Well, from thievingBankers to telegraphWires, it looks like LiveMeat will be another topic our inHouse bots won’t want to talk about due to spectacular TeamFailure. I remember once upon a time; when ‘that’team told the meat trade to clean up its act; how hysteric and shrill our inHouse bots got.

123. May 22, 2018 12:51 am

AFR “If you had a dog in a car all day in hot conditions, the owners would be charged with animal cruelty, yet it is OK for over a thousand sheep to go into international waters, suffer heat stress, suffer lack of ventilation, suffer lack of water and die in cruel, inhumane conditions. ” Where are my bots? l’m quite sure l said very similar about the LiveMeat last time. (and our bots were hysteric) Anyway ya’slice it, the teabumpkins were fully warned. Now the zombies have pissed this against the wall too. Spectacular ‘OwnGoal’ against their own voters. @yaaay.teabags

124. TB Queensland permalink
    May 22, 2018 10:10 am

Avaricious banks just cash in on the consumer laziness

I agree ToM … personally we have NEVER paid a “late payment fee” and we pay $45 a year for our account … we only have $4000 credit but load it with a couple of our own (ie we overpay a couple of $K) … works for us …

BTW, I also feel a bit the same about people who lose $100s of thousands investing in “get rich quick” schemes (no such thing BTW) and then whinge and whine … a true case of caveat emptor if ever there was one in my view …

125. Neil of Sydney permalink
    May 22, 2018 11:04 am

“a true case of caveat emptor if ever there was one in my view …”

Yes there is something called buyer beware. Most of the things from the RC seem to be bad advice from financial advisors. Comm Bank rang me up 2 years before the GFC, I followed their advice and ended up losing $15,000. And I had to pay $800 for the privilege to open to account I lost the money in.

The RC however may reveal some worse things

126. May 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Bitcoin is flavour of the month at the moment.

A total scam in my not-so-humble opinion.

You would think that the mere fact that you only have the option to “buy” Bitcoin in Australia, and not actually “sell” it, would be enough to ring alarm bells for the most “carefree” of “investors,” but no, ppl are flocking to it like lemmings.

127. Walrus permalink
    May 22, 2018 4:23 pm

Bitcoin……?…………………I still fail to see what it’s intrinsic value actually is

128. Walrus permalink
    May 22, 2018 4:24 pm

Bitcoin………………?……………….I still fail to see what it’s intrinsic value is

129. Walrus permalink
    May 22, 2018 4:24 pm

Ooooooops !!!!!

130. May 22, 2018 6:10 pm

enough to “ring alarm bells ” When compared to what? The current ‘safeAsBanks’ RC? What bit-like coin-like trading systems do is; give any pleb in the world their own cayman-like, swiss-secret-like system; with no ‘taxAgent’ required. You are also NOT limited to any nation.

131. TB Queensland permalink
    May 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Bitcoin………………?……………….I still fail to see what it’s intrinsic value is

About the same as fiat money … nowt!

fiat money
    noun: fiat money
    inconvertible paper money made legal tender by a government decree.

It gets worse …

inconvertible
    adjective: inconvertible
    not able to be changed in form, function, or character.
    (of currency) not able to be converted into another form on demand.

‘Tis simply paper with print …

The real reason banks lend to hopefully foreclose on homes – they see as assets – and where the term “bricks and mortar” comes from … turning nothing into something …

Remember the GFC? About home dodgy home loans in the USA!

OWN YOU OWN HOME … however hard it seems!

There is always a way!

132. May 22, 2018 8:19 pm

flavour “of the month ” l won’t be surprised if some type of global-coin free from all deepstate, 5eyes teabags takes off in not too distant future. Faith based unbacked global coin will be just as good as faith based unbacked local-coin or faith based unbacked yank-coin. The ‘OwnGoal’ of pushing digital transactions upon the plebs will eventually result in the plebs moving to the best deal they can get.

133. May 22, 2018 8:30 pm

“I still fail to see what it’s intrinsic value is”

I think you mean “its”.

134. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 22, 2018 10:16 pm

The mayor of Logan seems like a typical Queenslander who is interested in politics, development, donations…

135. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 22, 2018 10:16 pm

136. May 22, 2018 11:31 pm

Pauline Hanson has “dealt a blow to the Federal Government by withdrawing her party’s support for the Coalition’s company tax cuts.

Hanson said “she regretted pulling out of a deal with the Government, but it had failed to deliver on a string of her demands, including reducing the immigration rate, building a coal-fired power plant in north Queensland and lowering spending.

Hanson now says “the Federal Government has not done enough to reduce debt, and the company tax cuts would not create enough jobs in the short term.”

Hanson reiterated “her party’s support for changing the petroleum resource rent tax, to make large companies pay more tax.”

The two Centre “Alliance senators (formerly the Nick Xenophon Team) are also unprepared to back the company tax cuts now.

@delicious to see the battle of the arseBackwards

137. TB Queensland permalink
    May 23, 2018 10:00 am

I see ToM is dribbling again …

Mexico the land of (s)truth … all the pollies in Victoria must be squeaky clean now? GUFFAW!

138. May 23, 2018 5:07 pm

2014 “The Atlantic recently ran an article with the provocative titleHow Sugar Daddies Are Financing College Education?”. The article starts off with a dramatic and movie worthy story/scene about a young woman at Princeton University who is whisked away to NYC in a limo for a midnight dinner, late night sex, and then promptly returned to campus in time for her 10 AM class. Her benefactor is allegedly a 60-something Wall Street Banker. Our beautiful young Princeton student and her sugar daddy met on a website called Seeking Arrangement.

@stop picking on inHouseThree Teebz. When he gargles for yank-crap here, he understands fully what he is getting. @yaaayHexDebt

139. May 23, 2018 6:52 pm

December 2017 “the Commonwealth official is under internal investigation and has been suspended. In a statement, a Defence spokesperson said the investigation had ‘not had any impact on the construction of the Cherbourg facility’ but said it would be inappropriate to release more details ‘at this time’. The spokesperson would not say if the suspended employee was still being paid.

Australia’s $50 billion Future Submarines program has been hit by allegations of fraud, with a Commonwealth official being investigated for misappropriating funds. .. The investigation has been confirmed by senior defence officials

@The kermits of cherbourg must be laughing their nads off at Aust for giving away 6-decades of jobs to them. (which equates to a full workforce generation, and half of the generation after them) And the kermits several onions too. @yaaayOutsaucing

140. TB Queensland permalink
    May 23, 2018 7:19 pm

More than five million doses of the seasonal flu vaccine have been brought into Australia under the National Immunisation Program.

Yet an up to 30 per cent demand surge ahead of winter has impacted supplies, federal health authorities told AAP on Monday.

Economic Managers … these pricks can’t manager flu vaccine … how many PEOPLE live in Australia …

24 fkn million!

141. May 23, 2018 7:23 pm

BTW Teebz. l’ve noticed the info on just ‘how many Nodes got drowned during floods?’ and ‘how many nodes got incinerated during bushfires?’ is hard to find over at telegraphWireCo and the cost to replace’em.

142. May 24, 2018 7:10 pm

In December 2011, “Simon Sebag Montefiore presented on BBC Four a three-part history of Jerusalem, based on his book and by the title Jerusalem: The Making of a Holy City.” @which bigbad bagz has seen Teebz. Notice the preRonald date. Both doco and book were out well before the rustbelt train sped theRonald to victory.

Over at your guardian echoChamber is this cracker. “Jerusalem is the holy city,” writes Simon Sebag Montefiore, “yet it has always been a den of superstition, charlatanism and bigotry . . . the cosmopolitan home of many sects, each of which believes the city belongs to them alone. “Jew, Christian and Muslim alike feel compelled to rewrite its history to sustain their own myths. “A hundred patients a year,” Montefiore notes, “are committed to the city’s asylum suffering from the Jerusalem syndrome, a madness of anticipation, disappointment and delusion.

143. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    May 24, 2018 7:53 pm

“White flight” …. yes those ALP guys are so committed to multi culturalism

144. May 25, 2018 12:31 am

dohpoint Cherbourg Fabrication and Military Engineering Union

But you’ll love this.

Audio previously released by Ukranian “officials appears to show a panicked militant saying MH17 was shot down in the mistaken belief it was a military plane. ‘It was 100 per cent a passenger aircraft,’ he tells a superior. ‘There are civilian items, medicinal stuff, towels, toilet paper.

All findings from “this forensic investigation confirm the earlier conclusion of the JIT that Flight MH17 was shot down by 9M38 series missile,” said Jennifer Hurst, of the Australian Federal Police. ” And here is afpPlod dedicating itself as useful political imbeciles once again. Nobody ‘still’ seems to have asked why mh17 was ‘allowed’ to fly over a whiteHot battlefield containing jumpy, bombed ground warriors that had already ‘nailed’ 16-warbirds.

(Teabag syndrome, aka Teabagism, a madness of denial, greed and arseBackward delusion.)

145. Tom R permalink
    May 25, 2018 9:34 am

yes those ALP guys are so committed to multi culturalism

It’s a ‘broad’ church.

(or, in this case, a narrow one?)

Just not as ‘broad’ as some 😉

146. TB Queensland permalink
    May 25, 2018 1:49 pm

“White flight” …. yes those ALP guys are so committed to multi culturalism

Past Performance is no guarantee of Future Returns

Sometimes it is! Chuckle …

Foley did apologise but was a dickhead for even saying it …

This may explain it…:

…his mother instilled in him a triple faith of “the Labor Party, the Catholic Church and the Eastern Suburbs Rugby League Club”.

147. May 25, 2018 5:29 pm

the former Army private “crashed into a cameraman on her way into court for the verdict on allegations she plotted to rob an RSL just a week after robbing a military bank. The 26-year-old pleaded guilty to armed robbery after she held up the Australian Defence Credit Union on Richmond’s military base with a replica pistol and balaclava at 3:30pm on February 7, 2014. After robbing the credit union, Royna and her co-accused Tayla Stahl-Smith made off with $2,685 in a getaway vehicle while the base went into lockdown.

YouKnowWho probably thinks ‘whiteFlight’ is another malaysia-air boardroom fcukup he needs to defend. He might want to look into the destroyed ambience of suburbs that are having the slums of the future built in them with multi-strata residences built on ‘single’ home lots. @exodus

TBs Limitednews “Only Victoria’s children, elderly and the sick will be able to get the flu vaccine until the federal government can ensure a “solid supply” for all people, the state government says. ” @you have to wonder how many ‘vax-deniers’ are in clowntown. We will all be royally fcuked if we get a hendra, sars, etc outbreak.

148. May 25, 2018 7:30 pm

New South Wales Greens “senator Lee Rhiannon has announced she will retire in mid-August to make way for current state Upper House MLC Mehreen Faruqi. ” @Lets hope her ‘crimson-politburo’ disappears too, and give da-greenz more appeal among the punters.

Here is the waste. “The Australian Government announced in the May budget it would put $50 million over four years towards the prosecution costs

Here are the seeds of many future ‘OwnGoals’ and misery. “Russia should pay compensation to the families of the 38 Australians killed by the shooting down of Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 in 2014, according to Foreign Minister Julie Bishop.

It was “just 50 kilometres from the Ukraine-Russia border and the investigation into who brought it down continues. The deadly incident happened during the war in Donbass.

Here is the teabags making useful idiots of victims families. “Ms Bishop said the families of victims want to see Russia held to account.

So flying primates, Whats the bet life insurance won’t pay-up for deaths caused by flying into warzones?

149. May 26, 2018 4:31 pm

Qantas would only say: “We don’t fly over the Ukraine. For London to Dubai we fly 400 nautical miles(640Km) south of the region.

the US’s Federal “Aviation Administration in April issued a Notam (notice to airmen) that prohibited US airliners from flying over the Crimean region of Ukraine and nearby areas of the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov. After the crash of MH17 it widened that to cover the whole of Ukraine.

Most of the decisions about a route are taken by airlines. But they must avoid no-fly zones. The area where the Malaysian airliner crashed had a no-fly zone in place up to 32,000ft (9,754m). The airliner was flying at 33,000ft (10,058m).

150. May 26, 2018 8:21 pm

Oh Look!! Apple announced plans to “build a 400,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art data center in Waukee, Iowa, to better serve North American users of iMessage, Siri, the App Store and other Apple services. Like all Apple data centers, the new facility will run entirely on renewable energy from day one. ” @TelegraphWires

Go on say something, you'll feel better...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w