Skip to content

Conservative MP George Christensen “a regular” at Manila strip club.

December 3, 2019

Capture

He’s known by his own colleagues as the “Member for Manila” after spending almost 300 days in the Philippines on 28 separate trips all funded by the taxpayer ostensibly to further the interests of his constituents in the Queensland electorate of Dawson.

All up, the far right MP, outspoken opponent of abortion and gay rights, spent just under 300 days in the impoverished south-east Asian country between 2014 -2018.

During his frequent trips, Christensen was collecting approximately $550 each day from the Australian as the “member for Manila”.

In total, Christensen collected a hefty salary of about $163,500 over the almost 300 days he spent in the Philippines “representing his constituents.”

But that’s not all, this keen upholder of conservative Christian values has been exposed as a frequent customer at the Ponytails nightclub – a strip club in the red light district of Angeles city outside Manila.

Capture

Ponytails nightclub in Angeles City

Ponytails bartender Marjorie Lamsen told the organisations Mr Christensen was a “very regular visitor” to the venue.

“He was always very good … he was a big spender,” she said.

Mr Christensen, a committed Christian, says he met his now-wife April Asuncion while in the Philippines in 2017.Mr Christensen’s wife is said to be a former employee of Ponytails nightclub.

The MP has previously told media the reason he has spent so much time in the Philippines in recent years was simply to engage in “charity work.”

134 Comments leave one →
  1. December 3, 2019 12:46 pm

I guess he really is “the member” for Manila… 🙂 🙂

2. Tom R permalink
    December 3, 2019 1:13 pm

Well, he’s a member, at the very least.

3. December 3, 2019 2:08 pm

4. Tom R permalink
    December 3, 2019 2:14 pm

Labor did something with Pensions years ago, so this is ALL on them, even fatty fucking foreigners

5. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 3:02 pm

Just to clarify, has Christensen done something illegal? Asking for a friend.

6. Tom R permalink
    December 3, 2019 3:07 pm

, has Christensen done something illegal?

7. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 3:17 pm

That sounds quite serious. You got a link for that?

8. Tom R permalink
    December 3, 2019 3:36 pm

True

Perhaps he was just there to read the articles?

9. Walrus permalink
    December 3, 2019 3:36 pm

After experiencing many Asian cities myself I’m actually not sure I have been into a single bar that didn’t have dancing girls of some sort or another with the exception of resort or hotel bars. Be it BKK, KL, or Hoi Chi Min

10. Walrus permalink
    December 3, 2019 3:38 pm

I’ll take the gal 3rd from the right by the way

11. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 3:44 pm

Perhaps he was just there to read the articles?

No, you alleged something serious. You don’t get to change the subject that easily. You said: “ Probably have to ask all the young girls he’s been fondling over there on the taxpayers dime”

If you got that from somewhere just supply a link. If you’re just smearing a political enemy, admit it.

Either way, be honest and own your behaviour.

12. Tom R permalink
    December 3, 2019 3:53 pm

Either way, be honest and own your behaviour.

I confess

I’m just smearing a guy who has spent most of his time hanging out in sleazy bars on the taxpayers dime.

If that’s possible (to smear him, that is)

13. Walrus permalink
    December 3, 2019 3:55 pm

“I’m just smearing a guy who has spent most of his time hanging out in sleazy bars……….”

And what’s wrong with that ?

14. Tom R permalink
    December 3, 2019 4:02 pm

And what’s wrong with that ?</I

The smearing, the hanging out in sleazy bars, or doing it all on the taxpayers dime.

Yor really gonna need to be a bit more specific around here 😉

15. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 4:03 pm

I confess

Thank you. So no evidence at all of “all the young girls he’s been fondling”. Because that’s the only part that bothered me. If he’s claimed taxpayer money he wasn’t entitled to he should pay it back immediately and face the consequences. I assume you’ve got a link for that?

16. Tom R permalink
    December 3, 2019 4:21 pm

17. Walrus permalink
    December 3, 2019 4:29 pm

By the way

Is Craig Thomson’s account of what happened to his credit card (you know it was stolen as he slept on the Central Coast then used at a brothel then returned to him while he slept the same night) starting to sound more credible than a guy

* with blue blood who says he doesn’t sweat,

* was eating pizza in Woking when he was supposed to be at a night club

* cant remember meeting his accuser ,

* claims the photo of him and his accuser is fake and his arms have been elongated

* and hung out with a known convicted pedophile at his apartment in New York for 5 days as he needed to end the friendship

18. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 4:32 pm

“Hey, I’m sure spending taxpayers dollars in sleazy bars thousands of kilometers from his constituents is all above board 😉”

Why don’t we check it out? Just present your ‘evidence’. I’m quite sure, based on past form, you won’t be wasting my time. Again.

19. Walrus permalink
    December 3, 2019 5:03 pm

“Opposition Leader Kevin Rudd has admitted visiting a New York strip club during a drunken night while representing Australia at the United Nations.”

20. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 5:16 pm

I’m not concerned about the strip club. That’s not illegal. It might be immoral, or even a sin. I just don’t know. I’m waiting for our moral and ethical betters to inform me.

If he’s been “spending taxpayer dollars” I’d like to know about it. Maybe he’s been spending his taxpayer-funded salary – during time-off he’s entitled to.

TomR is sure to reveal all.

21. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 3, 2019 5:51 pm

Mental as Anything were a sensational band, the best pub band in Australia, and Greedy Smith was perfect as the front man.

I saw the current line up about a year ago, just as much fun as ever.

Tragic death at 63.

22. December 3, 2019 5:59 pm

“Just to clarify, has Christensen done something illegal? Asking for a friend.”

Fuxache.

So now the barometer of ministerial accountability hinges on whether an MP’s conduct is criminal or not.

Seeing’ as you’re so keen to defend him ToSY, perhaps you can share what value you feel was delivered to his constituents as a result of spending 300 days out of a four year period in Manila, unless of course you’re suggesting those 300 days were all annual leave?

23. December 3, 2019 6:02 pm

“I’m waiting for our moral and ethical betters to inform me.”

I’ve arrived.

I’d suggest it’s the height of hypocrisy to claim that you’re an ardent christian, outspoken opponent of gay marriage and abortion while simultaneously shagging your way around the redlight district of Manila in go-go bars looking for a mail order bride.

But heck, that’s just me.

24. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 6:03 pm

63 is far too young.

Although ‘In an interview recorded on 30 October 2019 (five weeks before Smith’s death) with Alan Gilmour, from the Australian Songwriters Association, to honour him and Martin Plaza as the 2019 Australian Songwriters Hall of Fame Inductees, Smith stated “To have lived this long is a great thing.”’

(Do you want some tips on posting youtube videos, Tom? I could call Nasking for ya.)

25. December 3, 2019 6:04 pm

“After experiencing many Asian cities myself I’m actually not sure I have been into a single bar that didn’t have dancing girls of some sort or another”

Yeah well, I guess it all depends where you go, dun it.

26. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 6:06 pm

unless of course you’re suggesting those 300 days were all annual leave?

I’ve got no idea. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

27. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 6:08 pm

Not really. I’ll give you ministerial code of conduct as well. (Is he even a minister?) Does he contravene that?

28. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 6:12 pm

Yes, that would be hypocritical, if that’s what he’s done. So he’s committed the crime of hypocrisy. Got it. Or is it the sin? It’s all so confusing when law is not your standard.

29. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 3, 2019 6:13 pm

Hypocritical tosser (or not) is the standard I prefer to apply to politicians

There aren’t many in the “or not” category.

30. December 3, 2019 6:17 pm

“It’s all so confusing when law is not your standard.”

Not really, if the law is your only standard why are you even here?

31. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 6:19 pm

“Not really, if the law is your only standard why are you even here?”

Where? On this blog? What is your standard?

32. Walrus permalink
    December 3, 2019 6:20 pm

“Mental as Anything were a sensational band, the best pub band in Australia”

Yep, how many times during the 1980’s did I see them at Selinas Coogee or the Manly Vale Hotel….or the San Miguel Cammeray………..I really couldn’t tell you.

The era of the Cockroaches (now the Wiggles) , the Hitmen, the Allnighters, Flowers (Icehouse), Midnight Oil .

I even caught up with INXS a few times at the same venues and most memorably at the Tathra Hotel on 27 December 1982. Ted Mulray Gang appeared the following night. The chicks tended to love TMG not so much moi.

33. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 3, 2019 7:28 pm

Yes, the era of Sports, Mondo Rock, Dynamic Hepnotics… it was a lively pub scene

34. TB Queensland permalink
    December 3, 2019 7:34 pm

So he’s committed the crime of hypocrisy.

That’s all you see? He’s supposed to be “working” for his constituents … not slagging off in some foreign country at the expense of Australian taxpayers … if he worked in a “real” job he would have been out on his arse months ago …

35. December 3, 2019 7:48 pm

“”if he worked in a “real” job he would have been out on his arse months ago …””

But, but, but apparently there’s ‘nothing to see here’ as long as he hasn’t been convicted of a crime (apparently), so why can’t we all just STFU and remain ‘quiet Australians’…

36. TB Queensland permalink
    December 3, 2019 8:08 pm

…why can’t we all just STFU and remain ‘quiet Australians’…

‘Cause stealing is a crime … unless you are an employer or an LNP politician it seems …

Sam Dastyari fell on his sword (rightly so!) … Taylor should and so should Christensen!

37. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 3, 2019 9:38 pm

…or an LNP politician….

TB nails it.

38. ivi permalink
    December 3, 2019 10:37 pm

(It’s all so confusing when law is not your standard.

Indeed...)

39. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 10:49 pm

Oh good. You must have some facts nobody else here has produced. I’ll wait …

40. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 11:05 pm

Yeah, we don’t have guilt by accusation in this country. Not yet, anyway. I’m still not sure what the accusation is, though, apart from transgressing someone’s version of what is ‘right’. Has he even broken the ministerial code of conduct? He’s not a minister, by the way, but he is chief whip of the National party, so let’s assume it applies.

So what is your standard, if not the law? I’m all anxious to find out.

41. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 11:23 pm

And yet those very (Queensland) constituents just re-elected him with an increased majority. Go figure …

42. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 11:29 pm

slagging off in some foreign country at the expense of Australian taxpayers

This bit bothers me, but nobody has explained how he’s misused taxpayer money. I’m ready to criticise him but I need details, people.

43. Tony permalink
    December 3, 2019 11:42 pm

slagging off in some foreign country

I think you mean ‘slacking’.

44. December 4, 2019 7:24 am

“I’m ready to criticise him but I need details, people.”

I don’t care what you need ToSY. You’re just starting to sound like Neil, tbh.

45. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 8:26 am

as long as he hasn’t been convicted of a crime

“Australian” crime I think you’ll find is the wording they are using. Which opens the field a bit when you are in another country lol

I’m ready to criticise him but I need details

Yea, you aint getting them, he’s clammed up. No details from an ‘open and honest’ grubmint again

Let’s just say that, as he spent 300 days loitering around girlie bars, while getting paid bonuses for being an mp (something stupid like $300 day), he better produce somehting to show we’re getting value for money. Since he’s clammed up, then, he has nothing to show for his time away.

That’s stealing!

And I want to know what articles he was reading there!

You’re just starting to sound like Neil, tbh

THAT is a vile slur (although worryingly close to the mark)

NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!

46. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 8:35 am

47. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 8:36 am

48. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 8:40 am

Indeed…)

And Queensland seems to be one huge, open cut cave (that the remainder of the country is swiftly beginning to resemble.

Here’s how

49. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 4, 2019 9:09 am

If only everyone caught a yacht for their business and leisure trips, the world would be so much better.

No one would go anywhere!

50. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 9:13 am

If only everyone caught a yacht for their business and leisure trips

BOO!

51. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 4, 2019 9:53 am

Well, call me old fashioned, but I think Greta is another example of the celebrity cult.

I tend to have a little more time for people that have achieved something with their lives, like completing an education. You know, something more than being an articulate teenager.

52. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 9:53 am

Christensen’s lawyer denies allegations and threatens defamation proceedings.

Daily Mail Australia contacted Mr Christensen’s office for further comment, where a spokeswoman said his lawyer has written the following statement to Nine News, which applies equally to other news outlets publishing or airing the same allegations.

‘Your allegation made about my client’s wife is denied and the so-called documentary proof that you refer to, is therefore either false or fabricated.

Slandering the wife of a sitting member of parliament, who is not in the public eye, is highly defamatory and needless to say the damages would be substantial.

‘If you should publish anything that is false about my client or his wife, we are instructed to commence defamation proceedings.’

53. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 4, 2019 9:55 am

…an articulate teenager who rebukes adults…

54. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 9:56 am

Haven’t heard what’s been said about his wife, prefer that they were left out of it, unless they put themselves into the story somehow.

btw yomm, yor way before old fashioned. I think prehistoric is probably closer 😉

55. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 10:02 am

Why is it defamatory to say that your wife worked at a bar you frequented while working for tax payers?

Unless he thinks that there is something wrong with these bars?

Has anyone mentioned that abbott is visiting convicted pedophiles?

56. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 10:26 am

Has anyone mentioned that abbott is visiting convicted pedophiles?

He’s a self-professed Christian, isn’t he? Maybe it’s because of something he read in the Bible.

57. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 10:30 am

Haven’t heard what’s been said about his wife

Hilarious!

58. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 10:45 am

Maybe it’s because of something he read in the Bible.

Must’ve read it after Bernie Banton passed away

Hilarious!

Sorry if I’m not up on all the scuttlebutt about fatty’s scuttling butt

59. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 10:52 am

Sorry if I’m not up on all the scuttlebutt about fatty’s scuttling butt

Oh, so you didn’t read the screed at the top of this thread? I call bullshit.

60. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 11:13 am

Actually, no, I hadn’t read the entirety.

I’m at work, and the image is ….. not overly appropriate to hang around on my desktop for too long 😉

61. Walrus permalink
    December 4, 2019 11:21 am

And in the real world Medivac has finally been repealed…………………….Excellent

62. Walrus permalink
    December 4, 2019 11:22 am

And by the way…………get fucked Karen Phelps

63. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 11:28 am

And in the real world Medivac has finally been repealed

Yes, and. because we have an ‘honest and open’ grubmint, we don’t know why.

Just cos …

I’m guessing lambie has been doing a christian type thing like the protagonist of this thread, and wants it hushed up?

64. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 11:40 am

Just heard that breathing Sydney air at the moment is like smoking 34 cigarettes a day. ABC this morning said it’s the same as smoking 40.

Who comes up with this shit?

65. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 4, 2019 11:56 am

It’s an interesting dichotomy. I wonder whether calling a female politician “fatty” would be regarded as body shaming.

Because Christianson is horribly fat! And is entitled to be called “fatty”

66. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 12:00 pm

Yes, and. because we have an ‘honest and open’ grubmint, we don’t know why.

I think we know why. We just don’t know what Lambie demanded in exchange for her vote.

67. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 12:03 pm

lol, the libs have already turned on lamby, calling her a liar ROFL

This is the grubmint where the pm lied to the parliament almost every day last week 😯

lie down with dogs ……..

68. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 12:04 pm

And it appears our grubmint are COMMIES!

69. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 12:06 pm

Link

70. December 4, 2019 12:45 pm

“the libs have already turned on lamby, calling her a liar ROFL”

Well now that she’s voted, they don’t need her anymore.

Blind Freddy could see that coming.

71. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 12:50 pm

Blind Freddy could see that coming.

Blind Freddy might, but not somebody elected by their peers

Indeed…) 😦

72. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 2:11 pm

Sounds reasonable.🙄

[Ole Wæver] says classifying climate change as a security issue could justify more extreme policy responses.

“That’s what happens when something becomes a security issue, it gets the urgency, the intensity, the priority, which is helpful sometimes, but it also lets the dark forces loose in the sense that it can justify problematic means,” he says.

This urgency, he says, could lead to more abrupt action at an international level.

“If there was something that was decided internationally by some more centralised procedure and every country was told ‘this is your emission target, it’s not negotiable, we can actually take military measures if you don’t fulfil it’, then you would basically have to get that down the throat of your population, whether they like it or not,” he says.

73. December 4, 2019 2:18 pm

Today seems to be the day of ‘secret deals’…

74. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 2:30 pm

jacky lamby should take note

75. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 2:34 pm

Today seems to be the day of ‘secret deals’…

Whose payout is worth more, Folau’s or Lambie’s?

76. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 2:57 pm

Whose payout is worth more, Folau’s or Lambie’s?

Guess we’ll never know

77. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 4, 2019 3:16 pm

It seems the amateur status of Rugby Union is now vested with the management.

They are absolutely hopeless. What a joke

78. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 3:38 pm

They are absolutely hopeless. What a joke

Walrus would know more about her, but that Kiwi CEO seems most unimpressive.

79. Tom R permalink
    December 4, 2019 3:52 pm

80. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 4, 2019 3:55 pm

The entire ARU management handling of this was hopeless. I have no doubt that their lawyers would have warned of the risks in law. But they took the decision appease their sponsors.

81. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 4:20 pm

“obtained the false figures”

Obtained? Or falsified? Isn’t that what the bubble is alleging? Have the police finalised their investigation?

82. Walrus permalink
    December 4, 2019 4:25 pm

“……………but that Kiwi CEO seems most unimpressive.”

She’s an idiot. She left the Canterbury Bulldogs (fairly universally hated in Sydney) in a total mess. She was on the salary cap committee and just handed out back ended payment and short term contracts willy nilly. The players payments balloon in the later years enabling more marque players to be contracted over a short term to win a premiership in year 1 and 2. Well they won nothing. Then she left and now the club is basically paralysed in the player market until 2021.

Plus she’s a kiwi which automaticaaly makes her a dud plus she has a fucking ridiculous haircut.

“Between seven and 10 Bulldogs players are on back-ended contracts for next year, while the club is also paying five players, including James Graham and Sam Kasiano, to play for rival clubs. Canterbury’s roster problems have been attributed to the club having worked towards an estimated new salary cap of $10m for this season when the ultimate figure ended up being $9.4m.”

83. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 4:41 pm

Now she’s cost the ARU probably several $million and lost the Australian team their best player.

All because she listened to twitter. Can she be deported?

84. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 4:51 pm

The settlement might be confidential but they’ll have to allocate that money somewhere in their annual report. I don’t think miscellaneous expenses will wash. Is there an account called Kiwi Stupidity?

85. Walrus permalink
    December 4, 2019 6:04 pm

“The climate crisis is not just about the environment.It is a crisis of human rights, of justice and of political will. Colonial, racist and patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled it. We need to dismantle them all. Our political leaders can no longer shirk their responsibilities………….”

More and more the true motivations emerge.

86. Walrus permalink
    December 4, 2019 6:05 pm

“I don’t think miscellaneous expenses will wash”

That’s what I was thinking. It has to be disclosed somewhere . Perhaps a new category in the P&L……………………….”Bible Studies” ?

87. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 6:24 pm

Perhaps a new category in the P&L……………………….”Bible Studies” ?

Maybe Alan Joyce will pay the bill. 😛

88. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 4, 2019 6:59 pm

I think Raylene Castles will find her next management position much more fitting her capability

I believe she has been appointed night shift manager at
    Burger King in Penrith

89. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 7:39 pm

I believe she has been appointed night shift manager at
    Burger King in Penrith

Sounds like a promotion.

90. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 9:28 pm

Speaking of Alan Joyce …

91. Tony permalink
    December 4, 2019 9:49 pm

She’s clutching her pearls, I mean stethoscope …

92. Walrus permalink
    December 4, 2019 10:00 pm

“She’s clutching her pearls, I mean stethoscope …”

LOL

What a fucking idiot she is. How many refugee tests do they have to fail before she accepts THEY ARE NOT FUCKING REFUGEES

I think she’s related to TomR….delusional

93. Tom R permalink
    December 5, 2019 8:27 am

Have the police finalised their investigation?

Yea, the moment morrison called 😉

94. Tom R permalink
    December 5, 2019 8:58 am

Looks like taylors going to go out this year with a bang

I’m just bewildered as to why the need to lie about these things? It’s like he cannot say anything without dropping a lie in there

Naomi Wolf pursues Angus Taylor for ‘formal’ Hansard correction in Christmas tree row

95. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 5, 2019 9:16 am

Meanwhile, the loudmouth Peter Fitzsimons, says the ARU would not have paid more than $200-$300k to settle with Folau, because they had a watertight case.

Surely that puts paid to any credibility he had. He’s probably wrong by a factor of 20.

The ARU had a weak case, and the settlement demonstrates their incompetence.

96. Tony permalink
    December 5, 2019 9:31 am

It’s time to admit it. We’re not going to ‘stop’ catastrophic global warming climate change emergency crisis. Even the woke Europeans can’t do their part. I suppose if Australia took the moral high ground they might try harder.

The European Union said Wednesday that it will likely miss its target for reducing greenhouse gases by 2030, dealing a blow to the bloc’s efforts to be a leader in the fight against climate change. “Recent trends highlight a slowing down of progress in areas such as reducing greenhouse gas emissions, industrial emissions, waste generation, improving energy efficiency and the share of renewable energy,” the agency said in a report. “Looking ahead, the current rate of progress will not be enough to meet 2030 and 2050 climate and energy targets.”

97. Walrus permalink
    December 5, 2019 9:57 am

“The ARU had a weak case, and the settlement demonstrates their incompetence.”

Absolutely !

Plus as Janet Albrechtsen writes in the Oz today………….

“A team of the sassiest spin doctors can’t help Rugby Australia. They lost on Wednesday. Big time. It was an old-fashioned shellacking not seen since the Wallabies lost to England in the World Cup quarterfinal this year. Given that Westpac boss Brian Hartzer fell on his sword for a disaster he didn’t know about, surely RA boss Raelene Castle should resign for a disaster she personally orchestrated.

Put it this way. Earlier this year, Israel Folau, who was sacked by RA for posting on social media his religious beliefs, said: “First and foremost I am hoping for an apology from RA and an acknowledgment that even if they disagree with my views, I should be free to peacefully express my religious beliefs without fear of retribution or exclusion.”

That was in August. Castle responded by saying RA would not apologise to Folau.

On Wednesday afternoon, following marathon mediation negotiations, RA wholeheartedly apologised to Folau. In fact, the humiliating settlement overseen by Castle saw RA “acknowledge and apologise for any hurt or harm caused” to both Israel and his wife, Maria. It reads like a mea culpa from RA for being part of the pile-on that Maria endured when she publicly supported her husband during this battle………….”

RA was humiliated yesterday and Castle’s position is totally untenable. First the World Cup disaster now this

98. Walrus permalink
    December 5, 2019 10:10 am

And in order to cover up the full settlement amount it would not surprise me if RA asks a major sponsor(s) to pay Folau directly from sponsorship monies due to RA.

Nothing would surprise me or is that being too mischievous in my thinking ?

99. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 5, 2019 10:22 am

There is insurance cover for part of the payment, and a sponsor may well cover another portion.

There would be absolutely no surprise in that.

Castles is the clear example of an over-promoted executive who thinks bluster is a substitute for sound judgement.

100. Tom R permalink
    December 5, 2019 11:14 am

I see they’ve stuck the environment in with agriculture

Considering the roaring success of the mdbp since they prioritized agriculture over the environment, that should work a treat

101. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 5, 2019 12:16 pm

But probably not

102. Neil of Sydney permalink
    December 5, 2019 1:11 pm

“”””””””””””Hopefully fewer departments will result in a reduction of the number of public servants. “””””””””””””””””

These deadbeats are on 15.4% Super. Before Costello they were on defined benefits scheme which gave them megabucks for life.

103. TB Queensland permalink
    December 5, 2019 1:21 pm

TB nails it.

Your “list” doen’t show how many LNP pollies dodged the bullet(s)

104. Tom R permalink
    December 5, 2019 1:59 pm

The grasslands boy who cried Wolf

105. TB Queensland permalink
    December 5, 2019 3:03 pm

You stalking me, TR, I just read the “fairy tale” … oh, time … no I’m not stalking you either!

106. Neil of Sydney permalink
    December 5, 2019 3:51 pm

TomR

I looked at the video. What was it all about because I have no idea?

107. Walrus permalink
    December 5, 2019 4:12 pm

“…………….. because I have no idea?”

LOL

108. Tom R permalink
    December 5, 2019 5:41 pm

109. Neil of Sydney permalink
    December 5, 2019 5:56 pm

However, in the original 2018/19 budget, handed down in June 2018, FRNSW funding for expenses was $729 million. An extra $58.2 million was allocated at the mid-year review. Based on the original 2018/19 budget, FRNSW was allocated $45.3 million more in funding in the 2019/20 budget. [7] [8]

110. Walrus permalink
    December 5, 2019 6:13 pm

“…….and stop relentlessly gutting NSW fire services. ”

Giacomo Arnott………….Gee an ALP councillor from Port Stephens. Who would have thought he’d say that. Even when the Rural Fire Commissioner completely contradicts him

111. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 6, 2019 10:02 am

I’m surprised that public service unions haven’t demanded a heating & air-conditioning policy in their industrial agreements
    *Don’t heat above 16′
    *Don’t cool below 25′

Surely the public service could lead the way in energy efficiency!

112. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 6, 2019 10:23 am

And why don’t these people just shut up? Don’t they know we can’t offend China?

113. TB Queensland permalink
    December 6, 2019 12:39 pm

Don’t they know we can’t offend China?

‘Bout time we did … there’s only 1.4 billion of the buggers!

And Australia is their fifth largest importer @ 5.1% … WTF do they do for us … they only take 33.5% of our exports …

… and if China got nasty our 82,000 ADF regs and reservists would show ’em wot’s wot … there’s only 2.2 billion in the Chinese military and about 500,000 trained in the wings … we do have about 650,000 ex service personnel to call on 🙂 … as they say in the “Green Machine” – “piece of piss” *

114. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 6, 2019 2:57 pm

Do you think we should shut up because they have a larger military?
    There I was thinking that progressive types had no objection to foreign policy that had an element of “the moral high ground”

115. Tony permalink
    December 6, 2019 4:15 pm

It’s all right though because Woolworths is going green.🙄

Over the last decade we have become increasingly alarmed at the amount of plastic in our oceans. More than 8 million tons of it ends up in the ocean every year … But where does all this plastic waste come from? Most of it is washed into the ocean by rivers. And 90% of it comes from just 10 of them, according to a study … Eight of them are in Asia: the Yangtze; Indus; Yellow; Hai He; Ganges; Pearl; Amur; Mekong; and two in Africa – the Nile and the Niger.

116. Tony permalink
    December 6, 2019 4:30 pm

Pelosi: denies hating Trump, says she prays for him.
    Trump: doesn’t believe her, says she “just had nervous fit”.

🤣😂

117. Tony permalink
    December 6, 2019 4:43 pm

Do you think we should shut up because they have a larger military?

That approach has been tried before.

Appeasement in an international context is a diplomatic policy of making political or material concessions to an aggressive power in order to avoid conflict.[1] The term is most often applied to the foreign policy of the British governments of Prime Ministers Ramsay MacDonald, Stanley Baldwin and Neville Chamberlain towards Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy[2] between 1935 and 1939.

118. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 6, 2019 5:56 pm

Yes and isn’t the silence of the left deafening about the South China Sea?

Nothing at all to worry about there!

Everyone should just STFU about anything the is remotely critical of China

They’re just to belligerent and big to take any “moral high ground”

119. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 6, 2019 6:01 pm

Just on the South China Sea, the map of China’s claim provides some perspective about why neighbouring countries are concerned

120. TB Queensland permalink
    December 6, 2019 7:51 pm

Do you think we should shut up because they have a larger military?

I have questions …

1. Why should we throw stones at bullies?

2. What do you mean “progressive types”?

3. Why are you an agressive type?

4. What is your version of “foreign policy”?

5. How do you see diplomacy in the 21st Century?

6. What does “high moral ground” have to do with intimidating our biggest trade partner and worst nightmare?
    —————————
    7. Have you ever fired a firearm?

That approach has been tried before.

1. Have you ever fired a firearm, can you march 30kl in six hours …

2. What is your “solution” …?

—————————

Yes and isn’t the silence of the left deafening about the South China Sea?

Nothing at all to worry about there!

Everyone should just STFU about anything the is remotely critical of China

They’re just to belligerent and big to take any “moral high ground”

8. What is your “solution” …?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It’s all right though because Woolworths is going green.🙄

My grand-kids could tell you how to eat an elephant at five years old!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Welcome to US dumb thinking in Australia …

(yes I know who Toyota is – read some history before you play silly buggers! … Note: I worked in the Nissan environment for 16 years))

Dumb and fucking downright nasty greed!

121. Tony permalink
    December 6, 2019 8:25 pm

1. Have you ever fired a firearm, can you march 30kl in six hours …

What the Fuck does that have to do with anything you arrogant prick?

But, if you must know, I’ve fired most calibre rifles and pistols, plus shot guns. I have no intention of telling you how or why. I’ve also ran 42kms in under four hours and done dozens of triathlons. So I’m guessing I could march 30kms in six hours – with or without a pack.

Could you?

122. TB Queensland permalink
    December 6, 2019 8:43 pm

What the Fuck does that have to do with anything you arrogant prick?

Could you?

Yep, and I’m glad that you are so fit and weapon ready … you may need it in the scenario you are drawing …

Arrogant … nah … experienced? A bit …

So I’m guessing I could march 30kms in six hours – with or without a pack.

No water BTW … the water came with swimming an Olympic pool in jungle greens boots socks and treading water for ten minutes …

Have you “run” 42kl and then spent four hours on a target range?

Let’s just say that if you turned up alongside me with that I’d be fucking worried … for me!

And BTW you are the one who always sounds arrogant and worried … do you understand the theory of psychological transfer?

Oh, and That approach has been tried before.

Yep, it was … but it delay the inevitable for a bit … the only problem was the Tory government didn’t use the time to prepare … look up “the phony war” …

ToSY, you didn’t answer my second question … 2. What is your “solution” …?

123. Tony permalink
    December 6, 2019 8:57 pm

Ooh! I swam 3kms freestyle in an Olympic Pool today. Then finished off with 200m butterfly. So I’m ‘guessing’ I could manage that.

Today! Not Nasho in the 60s or 70s or whenever you performed these superhuman feats of endurance.

124. TB Queensland permalink
    December 6, 2019 9:07 pm

China says it will waive import tariffs for some soybeans and pork shipments from the United States, as the two sides try to thrash out an agreement to defuse their protracted trade war.

The tariff waivers were based on applications by individual firms for US soybeans and pork imports, the finance ministry said in a statement, citing a decision by the country’s cabinet. It did not specify the quantities involved.

China imposed tariffs of 25 per cent on both US soybeans and pork in July 2018 as a countermeasure to tariffs levied by Washington over allegations that China steals and forces the transfer of American intellectual property to Chinese firms.

Interesting development … pigs and soybean …

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ooh! I swam 3kms freestyle …

FFS do you think the Chinese People’s Liberation Army GAFF how fast you can swim … ’cause I don’t!

You have some really serious issues …

125. TB Queensland permalink
    December 6, 2019 9:12 pm

North Korea has threatened to resume calling US President Donald Trump a “dotard” if he keeps using provocative language about its leader.

Choe Son Hui, North Korea’s first vice-foreign minister, issued the warning days after Mr Trump spoke of possible military action toward the isolated regime and revived his “Rocket Man” nickname for ruler Kim Jong-un.</I.

Give them a fucking sandpit!

Kindy Monty Python style!

126. TB Queensland permalink
    December 6, 2019 9:14 pm

Could not believe this when I read it!

1000 kids left in cars!

127. Tony permalink
    December 6, 2019 9:14 pm

You have some really serious issues …

Haw haw. Have a listen to yourself. You’re the one who brought up guns, marching, and Olympic pools. (And now you’re an internet psychologist!)

Give me a fucking spell.

128. Tom of Melbourne permalink
    December 6, 2019 11:43 pm

I’ve no idea what you’re ranting on about TB, I suppose your foreign policy is – “STFU about China, in case we offend them”

That sounds like a great solution

Go on say something, you'll feel better...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s